obex-data-server 0.4.6 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.4.6.tar.gz.
Hi there! Long time, no news about obex-data-server… Not much development happened after 0.4.5 release, however some bug fixes accumulated, so here we are! Don’t get too excited though cause I don’t have any clear future direction for ods In case you happen to have some suggestions for ods development or you actually need some features, don’t hesitate to drop me an email or smth..
- Fix –disable-usb build flag
- Properly handle empty and invalid type headers in server GET and PUT
- Fix crasher during SDP discovery
- Fix BIP server PUT
- Disable directory creation when writing is not allowed
- Improve logging system (prefixes indicating which session a particular message belongs to)
- not much else
obex-data-server 0.4.5 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.4.5.tar.gz.
Here comes the long awaited new release! In 0.4.5, you will find new major features such as TTY transport support and timeout mechanism. TTY transport can be used for running ods in USB gadgets to serve files through USB OBEX. Timeout mechanism works both for client and server side. In client side (OdsSession object), when sending any request and remote device does not respond in 15 seconds, ods returns Timeout error. Is server side (OdsServerSession), timeout is implemented for transfer suspension: when auto_accept is set to False, Accept() or Reject() have to be called in 15 seconds after new transfer starts (TransferStarted signal). If none of these functions is called, incoming file is automatically rejected.
- Add support for GET folder listing with name header in server (usually name header is not used!)
- Fix system bus configuration file according to new default policy
- Use locales only for filenames (previously caused D-Bus disconnect when translated errors were passed)
- Refine logging functionality (ability to log to syslog, enable/disable debug messages)
- Use silent and non-recursive makefiles
- New OPP test script: ods-opp-test.py
- Request timeout system (when no response is received from remote device in 15 seconds
after request was issued, TimeOut error will happen and connection will be closed)
- Transfer suspension timeout system (when auto_accept is False for server
and Accept() or Reject() is not called in 15 seconds after TransferStarted
signal, incoming file will be automatically rejected)
- Support for TTY transport (server and client). TTY server can be used in USB
gadgets, session support is somewhat experimental and only for testing purposes
- A bunch of other bugs fixed and code cleaned up in quiet a few places
obex-data-server 0.4.4 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.4.4.tar.gz.
Immediate 0.4.4 release is now available This version can be built with usb support without openobex 1.4 (required openobex version is reverted to 1.3) !
obex-data-server 0.4.3 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.4.3.tar.gz.
0.4.3 includes some very important bug fixes. It also features revised USB support. obex-data-server now depends on openobex 1.4 and libusb. This is needed for new USB stuff, however obex-data-server can still be built with openobex 1.3 by disabling USB support.
- Fix Nokia SDP workaround (this has been broken back in 0.4)
- Actually export RemoteCopy and RemoteMove methods
- Export more information about USB interfaces. ods now depends
on libusb and openobex 1.4 for usb support. USB support can be
disable with –disable-usb.
- Export OBEXCommand in TransferInfo to differentiate between PUT
and GET requests
- Various server fixes
obex-data-server 0.4.2 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.4.2.tar.gz.
0.4.2 is another bug fix release. It also includes new RemoteCopy and RemoteMove methods in Session object.
- Implement RemoteCopy and RemoteMove methods in Session
- Use Wand.pc for ImageMagick PKG_CHECK to be compatible with all distros
- Avoid executing obex_request_put in ServerSession several times for the same transfer
- Avoid printing out NULL for ARM compatibility
- Check for Bluez 3.34 or later in configure
obex-data-server 0.4.1 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.4.1.tar.gz.
0.4.1 is a bug fix release. It fixes several issues related to ServerSession object.
- Fix a race condition when client app misses ServerSession.TransferStarted signal
- Do not use g_assert for checking if DBus context is set in Session and ServerSession methods
- Fix TransferStarted signal emission in ServerSession
While ods incorrectly checks for Bluez 3.13, it is only possible to compile ods against Bluez 3.34 or newer (including 4.x releases of course). This will be corrected for the next ods release.
obex-data-server 0.4 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.4.tar.gz.
0.4 finally gets released. Major highlights of this release are BIP profile support, USB transport support (ATM only for sessions), Bluez 4.x support (remains compatible with Bluez 3.x as well) and last but not least: capability object support for FTP and BIP servers. Many other new features and lots of bug fixes also included
- Implement partial BIP profile support (ImagePush and RemoteDisplay features supported)
- Add support for Bluez 4.x (also still compatible with Bluez 3.x)
- Add support for USB transport (only for Sessions ATM)
- Add a way to cancel Session connection (Manager.CancelSessionConnect)
- FTP servers now expose a capability object
- When creating new files, set permissions according to umask
- Add a way to specify source Bluetooth adapter for Sessions (changed CreateBluetoothSession)
- Let applications know about all sessions/servers running (GetServerList(), GetSessionList() methods)
- Lots of other bug fixes
obex-data-server 0.3.4 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.3.4.tar.gz.
Yet again a bug-fix release. Turns out that in 0.3.2 filename to UTF16 conversion bug was introduced (remote devices got garbled filenames). This is fixed now. Release also includes manual page for obex-data-server and some build fixes.
- Fix filename conversion to UTF-16 (bug introduced in 0.3.2)
- Add manual page
- When –enable-system-config build option is used, change DBus .service file accordingly
- Small build fixes
obex-data-server 0.3.3 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.3.3.tar.gz.
One more bug-fix release. Sockets were not properly closed in 0.3.2.
- Properly close sockets for Session and ServerSession objects
obex-data-server 0.3.2 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.3.2.tar.gz.
This is one more bugfix release. It includes many memory leak fixes, improved error reporting and most notably Nokia UUID workaround (uses different FTP service UUID for some Nokia devices).
- Reduce compiler warnings (fixes bug #98)
- Fix ServerSession Accept/Reject (bug #54, only works with patched openobex)
- Use different FTP UUID for some Nokia devices (bug #55)
- Don’t try to remove service record when it is not registered (bug #79)
- Check OBEX Target header for FTP sessions (bug #81)
- Disable FTP specific commands when OPP is used (bug #82)
- Use UTF-8 filenames in folder listing objects (bug #78)
- Improve OBEX error reporting (bugs #85, #86, #87, #88)
- Fix crashers on exit (bugs #77, #83)
- Portability fixes (bug #91)
- Check connection ID for FTP session (bugs #90, #92)
- Send empty Name header when using ChangeCurrentFolderToRoot (bug #100)
- Don’t try to access memory regions that were already freed (bug #74).
Also fixes a long-standing segfault issue (bug #46)
This release doesn’t include any API changes.