obex-data-server 0.2

February 12, 2008 on 8:36 pm | In GNOME, obex-data-server | 14 Comments

obex-data-server 0.2 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.2.tar.gz.

This release features server enhancements and several bug fixes. ChangeLog:

• Distribute python tests (ods-session-test.py and ods-server-test.py).
  • Make object paths lowercase.
  • API change: Server.Start(string path, boolean allow_write, boolean require_pairing, boolean auto_accept).
  • New methods: Server.Accept(), Server.Reject().
  • Fix server SDP record lifetime (now exists between Start() and Stop()).
  • Make D-Bus system config file optional (enable with –enable-system-config configure option).
  • Exclude dot files from folder listings.

See D-Bus API docs for info how to use new Server.Start() and Accept/Reject methods.

14 Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

1. Congratulations Tadas, you are doing a great job with it :D .
    Cheers,
    Manuel

Comment by Manuel Naranjo — February 13, 2008 #

2. Yeah this really does look great. A couple of quick questions with regards to this.

I notice in version 0.1 there was no way in which to specify the HCI device which is used when pushing files, has this been implemented in version 0.2? if not, which device does the it use to push the file if I have multiples connected?

I’m also itching for a Debian package for this, which seems to be in the works, I’ve been having problems compiling from source on my Debian box.

Robert

Comment by Robert — February 14, 2008 #

3. This hasn’t been implemented, because the main goal was API simplicity. However, now it appears, that this function will have to be implemented since there are quiet a few requests for it already. Currently, ods uses default bluez adapter to push files.

Comment by admin — February 14, 2008 #

4. Thanks for the reply Tadas,

Being able to specify the adapter would be a great help. I guess that one way in which you could implement this would be to add a fromDevice() method which sets a device to be used. This would work nicely as it wouldnt break anyone using previous versions as it could default to the default bluez adapter.

Alternativly, perhaps it could be integrated in a similar way to the bluez adapter interfaces where we create an object such as get_object(‘org.openobex’, ‘/org/openobex/hci1′) or somthing along those lines?

Cheers Tadas,

Robert

Comment by Robert — February 14, 2008 #

5. Mhh right, that’s something that might be needed to implement, I wonder how it should be done only.
    We can’t add a stuff to the bluez api as ods isn’t part of BlueZ. Maybe the get_object thing makes sense, but instead of ‘/org/openobex’ I would use ‘/org/bluez/hciX’ then we are more friendly with BlueZ api.

Comment by Manuel Naranjo — February 15, 2008 #

6. ods has to be as much transport independent as possible. That is, transport specific stuff should only be used in Manager object. I just noticed, that I did a bad thing in 0.2 release, where Server.Start method has bluetooth specific option (require_pairing). That’s bad. Thinks like ‘/org/openobex/hci1′ are bad too. The only way to go is to add one more argument to CreateBluetoothSession function.

Comment by admin — February 15, 2008 #

7. Yeah I think you are right Tadas,

That would work just great I’m sure.

I really look forward to playing around with this API, it seems to be comming along really nicely.

Robert

Comment by Robert — February 15, 2008 #

8. I agree, I was thinking to add this stuff to CreateBluetoothSession and not to another place.

Comment by Manuel Naranjo — February 15, 2008 #

9. It might be coming along nicely, but I have some nasty memory bugs still there.. They come as a prize for using dbus-glib bindings :D Anyway, I recon this feature will make it to 0.3 release (which will hopefully also feature capability object support in server).

Cheers,
    Tadas

Comment by admin — February 15, 2008 #

10. Memory bugs are the spice of life :-D

What is this capability object support that you mentioned? what does it do?

Cheers for all your work on this Tadas, if there is anything any of us can do to help you out then let us know.

Rob

Comment by Robert — February 15, 2008 #

11. Hello Tadas,

I hope you are well and having a productive week. I wanted to ask you a question about the ODS. I’m sorry I’ve not be able to investigate this first hand but I’m still waiting on the Debian package to be completed so havnt been able to just yet. I’m trying to understand what OSD can achieve to see if it fits my requiments.

Am I correct to assume that due to this being a DBUS service that it is totaly asynchoronous? in as much that I would be able to push a file (in theory) to multiple devices almost symultaniously?

For instance, I regularly find myself sending a file to both myself and my colleague in the office here, it would be great if I could build so small app so that it transmits the file to both phones at the same time.

Does ODS offer this kind of functionality?

Thanks Tadas,

Robert

Comment by Robert — February 21, 2008 #

12. Yes, this is possible with ods.

Comment by admin — February 21, 2008 #

13. *two thumbs up.

Comment by Robert — February 21, 2008 #

14. [...] for Sale Steroids for Sale Steroids for Sale Steroids for Sale Steroids for Sale Steroids for Sale Steroids for Sale Steroids for Sale Steroids for Sale Steroids for Sale Steroids for Sale Steroids for Sale Steroids [...]

Pingback by buy anabolic steroids online — May 19, 2017 #