obex-data-server 0.4.6 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.4.6.tar.gz.
Hi there! Long time, no news about obex-data-server… Not much development happened after 0.4.5 release, however some bug fixes accumulated, so here we are! Don’t get too excited though cause I don’t have any clear future direction for ods In case you happen to have some suggestions for ods development or you actually need some features, don’t hesitate to drop me an email or smth..
- Fix –disable-usb build flag
- Properly handle empty and invalid type headers in server GET and PUT
- Fix crasher during SDP discovery
- Fix BIP server PUT
- Disable directory creation when writing is not allowed
- Improve logging system (prefixes indicating which session a particular message belongs to)
- not much else
obex-data-server 0.4.5 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.4.5.tar.gz.
Here comes the long awaited new release! In 0.4.5, you will find new major features such as TTY transport support and timeout mechanism. TTY transport can be used for running ods in USB gadgets to serve files through USB OBEX. Timeout mechanism works both for client and server side. In client side (OdsSession object), when sending any request and remote device does not respond in 15 seconds, ods returns Timeout error. Is server side (OdsServerSession), timeout is implemented for transfer suspension: when auto_accept is set to False, Accept() or Reject() have to be called in 15 seconds after new transfer starts (TransferStarted signal). If none of these functions is called, incoming file is automatically rejected.
- Add support for GET folder listing with name header in server (usually name header is not used!)
- Fix system bus configuration file according to new default policy
- Use locales only for filenames (previously caused D-Bus disconnect when translated errors were passed)
- Refine logging functionality (ability to log to syslog, enable/disable debug messages)
- Use silent and non-recursive makefiles
- New OPP test script: ods-opp-test.py
- Request timeout system (when no response is received from remote device in 15 seconds
after request was issued, TimeOut error will happen and connection will be closed)
- Transfer suspension timeout system (when auto_accept is False for server
and Accept() or Reject() is not called in 15 seconds after TransferStarted
signal, incoming file will be automatically rejected)
- Support for TTY transport (server and client). TTY server can be used in USB
gadgets, session support is somewhat experimental and only for testing purposes
- A bunch of other bugs fixed and code cleaned up in quiet a few places
obex-data-server 0.4.4 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.4.4.tar.gz.
Immediate 0.4.4 release is now available This version can be built with usb support without openobex 1.4 (required openobex version is reverted to 1.3) !
obex-data-server 0.4.3 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.4.3.tar.gz.
0.4.3 includes some very important bug fixes. It also features revised USB support. obex-data-server now depends on openobex 1.4 and libusb. This is needed for new USB stuff, however obex-data-server can still be built with openobex 1.3 by disabling USB support.
- Fix Nokia SDP workaround (this has been broken back in 0.4)
- Actually export RemoteCopy and RemoteMove methods
- Export more information about USB interfaces. ods now depends
on libusb and openobex 1.4 for usb support. USB support can be
disable with –disable-usb.
- Export OBEXCommand in TransferInfo to differentiate between PUT
and GET requests
- Various server fixes
When coming to Oslo, I decided that I have to bring only clothes and my laptop, I would buy other things that I need in Oslo shops. Well… Let’s start from biggest failure so far: ethernet cable which is needed if you want internet here in student village. I didn’t know any computer shops here, so I just searched for that near Academy and I found one. And they had this Hama 3m ethernet cable. It’s 1Mbit and everything but it costs 300 NOK (more than 100 Lt !!). The very same cable costs 15 Lt in Lithuania. I mean what the hell?!
But the real problem is that myself and Andrius bought 2 of these thinking we wouldn’t find it for smaller price However, several days later we had to buy one more for Vaiva who just recently also came to Oslo to study piano. This time we asked the IT guy at academy (long unwashed hair, wears some hard rock t-shirt ) and he recommended Clas Ohlson store. There you can buy this cable for 79 NOK (not 1Mbit, not shielded, but still costs almost two times more than in Lithuania). For the same 79 NOK at the same store I bought this fine satchel for everyday use:
Another important thing is to have a mobile phone card for calling in Norway and abroad. Lebara mobile offers quite good prices so we got those cards now. Along with a card comes a small instruction book. This is how the first page looks like:
As you can see, they have the instructions in lithuanian (5th flag from the top) This represents the nationalities of people using Lebara cards. And they know it because you can’t use the card until you register it (you have to provide your name, country and even address).
First of all, this is gonna be a new category in this blog where I’ll post all sorts of interesting and not so interesting stories about what happened during my Erasmus exchange studies here in Oslo. Blah..
The first one is about how I and Andrius (who is also studying in Oslo now) got to Oslo. The beginning is not interesting: pack bags, get to Ecolines bus and go to Riga, then go to Riga airport (if you go by bus, you and every bag of yours cost a ticket, all in all, we both with 4 bags had to pay 2,40 Lat which is about 12 Lt). Since we got to Riga airport at around 23:00 and our flight was departing at 06:50, we had some free time at the airport.
Some time was used to bring our bag weights closer to limits (20Kg for registered bags and 8Kg for hand luggage). Our big bags were at about 23Kg in the beginning and Andrius’ backpack was at 11Kg Following is the photo of Andrius with some heavy things incorporated under his coat.
We also spent some time by using the nearby vending machine and discovering a software bug in it. This vending machine was accepting only 5 Lat and smaller nominals, however when I put 10 Lat in it (probably happens rarely cause you wouldn’t put 50 Lt in a vending machine), it returned my 10 Lat but also showed 10 Lat credit. This means that every time you put 10 Lat into it and buy something, you get 10Lat+(10Lat-price) back. And that is a bad way to make money
So we waited the entire night for our flight, then by the time our plane was being boarded, we were not so sharp anymore so we were in no rush. And that was a huge failure. While I got to stand in a shorter queue at bags check, put all my stuff back together quite quickly and got into plane at last minutes, Andrius got into longest queue and didn’t manage to get into the plane in time. FAIL.
Anyway, I got to Oslo airport in no time, then bought a train ticket to Oslo central station for 94 NOK (around 34 Lt) and then to Kringsjå student village with metro for 24 NOK (almost 9 Lt). The funny thing is that when you buy train ticket, the track is not written on it and the destination station is not written there. You just have to KNOW that it is track 4 to Oslo central station. When you arrive there, you hear some norwegian blah blah but you can tell from the view that it is central station. And in the central station there are no obvious signs where to go to find metro (T-BANE), you have to use the Force and go to the right side.
When I arrived at the student village, I had to choose from several rooms. I chose the one with TV cable connection While we will be paying around 3000 NOK (around 1100 Lt) for living there (Internet, water, etc. included), there were no bed sheets, no pillows, the temperature was 13C (rising very slowly since then) and there was no internet connection at first because they switched my name with my surname at the Music Academy. There are a lot of children gardens around and a lot of magpies…
obex-data-server 0.4.2 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.4.2.tar.gz.
0.4.2 is another bug fix release. It also includes new RemoteCopy and RemoteMove methods in Session object.
- Implement RemoteCopy and RemoteMove methods in Session
- Use Wand.pc for ImageMagick PKG_CHECK to be compatible with all distros
- Avoid executing obex_request_put in ServerSession several times for the same transfer
- Avoid printing out NULL for ARM compatibility
- Check for Bluez 3.34 or later in configure
obex-data-server 0.4.1 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.4.1.tar.gz.
0.4.1 is a bug fix release. It fixes several issues related to ServerSession object.
- Fix a race condition when client app misses ServerSession.TransferStarted signal
- Do not use g_assert for checking if DBus context is set in Session and ServerSession methods
- Fix TransferStarted signal emission in ServerSession
While ods incorrectly checks for Bluez 3.13, it is only possible to compile ods against Bluez 3.34 or newer (including 4.x releases of course). This will be corrected for the next ods release.
obex-data-server 0.4 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.4.tar.gz.
0.4 finally gets released. Major highlights of this release are BIP profile support, USB transport support (ATM only for sessions), Bluez 4.x support (remains compatible with Bluez 3.x as well) and last but not least: capability object support for FTP and BIP servers. Many other new features and lots of bug fixes also included
- Implement partial BIP profile support (ImagePush and RemoteDisplay features supported)
- Add support for Bluez 4.x (also still compatible with Bluez 3.x)
- Add support for USB transport (only for Sessions ATM)
- Add a way to cancel Session connection (Manager.CancelSessionConnect)
- FTP servers now expose a capability object
- When creating new files, set permissions according to umask
- Add a way to specify source Bluetooth adapter for Sessions (changed CreateBluetoothSession)
- Let applications know about all sessions/servers running (GetServerList(), GetSessionList() methods)
- Lots of other bug fixes
obex-data-server 0.3.4 released: http://tadas.dailyda.com/software/obex-data-server-0.3.4.tar.gz.
Yet again a bug-fix release. Turns out that in 0.3.2 filename to UTF16 conversion bug was introduced (remote devices got garbled filenames). This is fixed now. Release also includes manual page for obex-data-server and some build fixes.
- Fix filename conversion to UTF-16 (bug introduced in 0.3.2)
- Add manual page
- When –enable-system-config build option is used, change DBus .service file accordingly
- Small build fixes